Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Tools (episode 4)

This podcast is rated "W", for crappy audio (due to wind on the walk home).

Download or listen to the podcast. Better yet, subscribe using one of the ever-so-cute buttons in the sidebar.
  • Portability/backup
    • Backpack
    • USB thumb drives
    • e-mail chapters to yourself using gmail or Yahoo mail (if you need a gmail invite, e-mail me; I have lots!)
    • backup to your iPod
    • blogging tools (you can password protect some of them, like WordPress, but you need your own host)
    • is you use livejournal/deadjournal, you can restrict who can read each entry

1 comment:

darusha said...

I know, the wind is bad. I'll try not to let it happen again (even if it means giving up my brilliant plan of only recording when I can't be writing).

I like CopyWrite mainly because it's familiar now. I love the new ability to go full screen with big type (I'm over 30 now), plus the notes drawer and automatic backup are big plusses. I actually think I might like Jer's Novel Writer better, but I'm not willing to ride the learning curve during Nano.

I'll have to check out VoodooPad. I doubt it will lure me away from Backpack, though. I used to hate web app, now I wish every app were a web app!