Friday, October 27, 2006

Episode 2:2 - Not So Stoked

Episode 2 of year 2 - the terrible twos! Here's the mp3.

  • Feedback
    • Sarah left a comment about I Should Be Writing, and mentions Holly Lisle’s podcast
    • there's an audio message from tomoyan
    • Michael writes that he’s going to cheat & finish something, and he likes my “podcast voice”
    • Steph left an audio comment, and we’re probably going to meet in Real Life
  • Main Course
    • there's a really useful exercise on forums - the one word plot summary
    • I’m not stoked this year
    • maybe if I heard from all y’all, might help (hint hint)
    • nanowrimo flickr group
  • Don't forget to change your clocks back one hour on Saturday night

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one-word summary for my novel is "guilt."

I'm going to be in Hawaii from November 17-25 (during which I'll be writing in my travel journal rather than noveling), so I'm trying to get 35-40k of the story written by the end of the day on 11/16. I have no idea if I'm going to be able to write the requisite 2200-2500 each day in order to achieve this, but we'll see. I have promised myself a year of NetFlix if I make it.

I am very excited for NaNoWriMo, much of which is your fault, even if you're not as keyed up about it this year. :-) I've actually been thinking about this novel for a while, and I wrote a prologue for it that ended up being part of my MFA thesis (but isn't going to be part of the novel), but I never thought I would actually write it.

I would leave you a voice post, but apparently, this laptop--which has many other bells and whistles--has no microphone. Boo. I'll see if I can call in from work next week.

Anonymous said...

My one word plot summary? Um... hmm. Ha, I don't know.

And I'm not really that stoked either. Completely raring to go, but not that stoked... (Though I don't work on the 1st or 2nd, so expect ridiculous wordcounts from me. Unless I just totally lose it and end up playing the Sims2 the whole time. Could happen.)

I think the word for my novel is just "endurance". Vampires for ya.

Tomo Potter said...

AAAH my gods... you played my message! Hahaha... I hate my voice :P I have such a crap accent. *laughs uncontrollably*

Wow. Sugar at 3 AM really isn't good for sanity!

Ok. Novel in one word. "Wierd."
Uh... Dunno. It's all so new and odd to me - I'm already giggling and sleep deprived. Hm. Hope I survive :P I've been writing almost constantly since midnight, and am nearly at my daily 1667 words... *tired eyes*
Yeah... explaining the accent and starting "early" - I live in New Zealand. ph34r. We get time FIRST! MWAHAHA!
So yeah. I'm not cheating.
Hmm. What was I talking about again? *scratches head*

And I'm gonna stop now. Bye.